Many conferences and districts are encouraging churches to engage their local schools to connect with their communities. The Lewis Center for Church Leadership sponsored a conference on this topic and later developed a resource to guide congregations in considering questions that are critical to the success of a school-focused service initiative.
Engaging Local Schools provides models and best practices on subjects such as:
- Why Schools Matter to the Church
- Discerning a Vision for Supporting a Local School
- Supplying Student Needs
- Supporting and Affirming Teachers
- Helping Students Succeed
- Developing a Heart for the Needs of Children and Schools
- Stories of Successful Partnerships
Engaging Local Schools is available on DVD/CD and download for $75.