Saturday, November 4
10 a.m.-1 p.m. Eastern (9 a.m.-12 p.m. Central)
Wesley Theological Seminary, Washington, DC
Learn strategies to identify and support new leaders and build and maintain effective ministry teams.
Churches with vital, growing ministries learn to leverage leadership potential within their congregations. At More Church Leaders | Stronger Church Leaders clergy and lay leaders, in churches both large and small, will discover a more synergistic and fruitful way of being in ministry together.
- Finding the Leaders Your Church Needs to Thrive
- Simple Strategies for Raising Up New Leaders
- Benefits of the Team Approach to Ministry Leadership
- How to Lead a Team Effectively
- Harnessing the Power of Synergy
Conference attendees may participate in person at Wesley Theological Seminary in Washington, DC, or via live stream across the globe from their computers and mobile devices. More Church Leaders | Stronger Church Leaders is ecumenical and designed for both laity and clergy.
Rev. Dr. F. Douglas Powe, Jr., is director of the Lewis Center and holds the James C. Logan Chair in Evangelism (an E. Stanley Jones Professorship) at Wesley Theological Seminary.
Dr. Ann A. Michel is associate director of the Lewis Center and teaches in the areas of stewardship and leadership.
Rev. Stephanie Remington is research manager of the Lewis Center and has a rich history of developing leaders for community outreach ministries.
|9:30–10:00 a.m.||Registration for in-person attendees|
|10:00–10:05 a.m.||Welcome and Announcements|
|10:05–11:30 a.m.||Session 1: Finding the Leaders Your Church Needs to Thrive|
|Session 2: Simple Strategies for Raising Up New Leaders|
|11:50 a.m.–12:55 p.m.||Session 3: Benefits of the Team Approach to Ministry Leadership|
|Session 4: How to Lead a Team Effectively|
|Session 5: Harnessing the Power of Synergy|
Attending via Live Stream
Live stream attendees will view the entire conference from their computer or mobile device through a link they receive via email prior to the event. Attendees will receive outlines, written materials, and supplementary materials via email. Live stream attendees may ask questions electronically.
- Live Stream Registration
- $50 for one person
- $75 for groups of two or more people
How to Register
- Register online for live stream.
Live Stream Technical Requirements
- You should be able to view live streams automatically without installing any additional software or doing anything special. Computer: We recommend viewing on an up-to-date version of Firefox or Chrome. You can only watch a live stream if you have a consistent broadband internet connection; dial-up is discouraged. We recommend viewing on the best possible connection you can find. Mobile phones and tablets: The live stream is available for viewing on most iOS and Android devices. Do not use private browsing mode on Safari on iOS. Use Wi-Fi rather than 3G or 4G connection whenever possible.
- Detailed technical requirements and troubleshooting information are here.
Attending in Person
The conference will be held in the Kresge Building at Wesley Theological Seminary, 4500 Massachusetts Ave., NW, Washington, DC. Attendees will receive outlines, written materials, and supplementary materials. Coffee and tea will be provided.
- In-person Conference Registration
- $50 per person
- Current Wesley Theological Seminary students may register free for the in-person conference.
How to Register
- Register online for in-person conference through November 2.
- Download PDF to register for in-person conference and pay by mail.
- Wesley student registration through November 2
Please contact Stephanie Remington, research manager of the Lewis Center, at email@example.com or (202) 664-5701.