Bishop Kenneth Lee Carder is the Ruth W. and A. Morris Williams Professor Emeritus of the Practice of Christian Ministry at Duke Divinity School. He served as bishop to the Nashville and Mississippi conferences of the United Methodist Church. While serving a church in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, Bishop Carder helped initiate an ongoing dialogue between scientists and theologians, including a dialogue between members of the Council of Bishops, on In Defense of Creation. He is the author of Sermons on United Methodist Beliefs, A Bishop’s Reflections, Living Our Beliefs, and a study guide for Who Are We? The Doctrine, Mission, and Ministry of the United Methodist Church.
Serious Answers to Hard Questions is an outstanding introductory-level course that appeals to a very wide audience. Each lesson is freestanding, so it is easy to adapt the course to your particular needs. This is a great starter course that encourages much lively discussion.
Lessons and Video Presentations
- Evil — R. Kendall Soulen (27:05)
- Religion and Science — John Polkinghorne (31:00)
- Other Religions — Sathianathan Clarke (32:12)
- Evangelism and Tolerance — Scott Jones (26:14)
- The God of the Old Testament — Amy-Jill Levine (31:05)
- Jesus and Christianity— Richard B. Hays (30:15)
- Resurrection — N.T. Wright (30:52)
- The Gnostic Gospels — Ben Witherington (32:52)
- The Sins of the Church — Douglas M. Strong (30:44)
- Forgiveness — L. Gregory Jones (27:43)
Sample Video Clips
About the Download Files
Each video and PDF will be available for download individually. All the files together are 1.9 GB, so you may wish to save everything to a flash drive.
The download links will be available on the receipt that is emailed to you upon purchase, so save your email if you do not download all files at once. Please check your email spam folder if you do not receive a receipt. All files will be available for download for one year from date of purchase.