Church leaders have always looked to scripture for wisdom on how God’s leaders are to fulfill their callings. Many leadership studies have been written on prominent biblical leaders such as Moses, David, Jesus, and Paul. But virtually every book of the Bible gives witness to how God worked through a multitude of leaders across the centuries of biblical history.
One such leader is Nehemiah, the central figure of the book of Nehemiah, who lead the effort to rebuild Jerusalem after the Babylonian conquest. He completed the daunting task of reconstructing the city’s ruined walls in a mere 52 days. A careful analysis of the book of Nehemiah reveals that he accomplished this amazing feat through the exercise of leadership that was smart and savvy while also deeply grounded in devotion to God.
This PDF e-book considers a number of key leadership themes in Nehemiah’s story:
- How faithful leadership is grounded in God’s call and bolstered by the power of prayer
- The critical role of vision in effective leadership
- The process of discerning and naming a relevant vision
- The importance of engaging others and building a team
- The need for patience and perseverance in pursuing worthy goals
This e-book also acts a transcript of the Leading Like Nehemiah: Rebuilding Together video-based adult Christian study.
The Leading Like Nehemiah: Rebuilding Together video-based adult Christian study curriculum includes video lessons, Study and Discussion Guide, and Leading Like Nehemiah: Rebuilding Together e-book. From $50. Learn more.