In This Section:
About Us: Purpose
The Lewis Center for Church Leadership seeks to:
- Advance the understanding of Christian leadership.
- Build a new vision for church leadership grounded in faith, informed by knowledge, and exercised in effective action.
- Define a holistic understanding of Christian leadership that brings together theology and management, scholarship and practice, research and application.
- Make church leadership a higher priority in theological education and enhance the foundation in church leadership provided to Wesley students.
- Promote the effective and faithful practice of Christian leadership in the church and in society.
- Support clergy and lay leaders with resources to improve their effectiveness in ministry.
- Foster new approaches to church leadership.
- Bring scholars and practitioners together in the classroom and in short-term educational experiences.