About Us: Staff
Ann Michel is a seminary-educated layperson who has served in the professional ministry since 1994. She joined the staff of the Lewis Center for Church Leadership in January, 2005, as associate director. She also serves as an adjunct member of the faculty of Wesley Theological Seminary, supporting the Lewis Center’s curricular offerings as a lecturer in church leadership. Previously, she served on the senior staff of Metropolitan Memorial United Methodist Church (the National Church of United Methodism), most recently as director of mission and outreach. She has experience in a wide range of ministries, including evangelism, communications, adult education, stewardship, women's programs, homeless ministries, and world service. Early in her career, Ms. Michel worked in government relations.
- Doctor of Ministry in church leadership, Wesley Theological Seminary, Washington, D.C., 2011
- Master of Theological Studies, Summa Cum Laude, Wesley Theological Seminary, Washington, D.C., 2000.
- Bachelor of Science in Speech, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, 1980.
- Healthy Stewardship in the Local Church
- Best Practices in Church Administration
- Metropolitan House Homeless Ministry, Washington, DC. A founding director and current board member.
- United Methodist Women. Has held office at the local, district and conference level.
- St. Andrew's Episcopal School, Potomac, Maryland. Board of Trustees Member, 2007-2010. Vice Chair of the Board, 2009 - 2010. Chair of the Touchstone Endowment Campaign, 2008-2010.
- Awarded a Benjamin E. Cooper Advocacy Award by the Community Council for the Homeless, October 2009, for Service to the Homeless.
- Received the St. Andrews's Episcopal School Parents Association Leadership and Service Award for 2010.